1985 – Utica College
Degree: B. S. Biology, Cum Laude
1989- SUNY/Buffalo, School of Dental Medicine
1990- St. Luke’s Memorial Hospital Center. Utica, NY.
General Practice Residency Program
2002 – New York University, College of Dentistry. New York Maxi Course in Oral
Implantology – Certificate.
Lecturer– Comprehensive Implant Series at Faxton/ St. Luke’s
Healthcare System GPR program: 2000 – present
Director- Zimmer sponsored GRP residency implant prosthetic participatory program
2002 – 2006.
Attending Dentist – Faxton- St. Luke’s Healthcare System, Utica, NY 13502
1990 – present.
Diplomate-American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry (ABOI/ID)
- Honored Fellow – American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
Member – American Dental Association
- Past President– Oneida-Herkimer County Dental Society -1999
- Member-New York State Peer Review Council -Current
- Board of Governors-5th District Dental Society 1992-1995
- Past President-AAID-Northeast region-2007
- President – Central New York (CNY) Implant Study Group – Current
- Education Committee – American Academy of Implant Dentistry – Current
- Trustee AAID – Northeast District 2010 -2014
- Treasurer – AAID Research Foundation 2013 – present
Implant Dentistry Faculty Positions
- AAID – Bone Grafting Course-Wright University Medical School, Dayton, Ohio 2006- Laboratory Cadaver –instructor
- AAID – Maxicourse in Oral Implantology; India, 2007
- AAID – Maxicourse in Oral Implantology; New York , 2007, 2008
- AAID – Bone Grafting Course. Touro University: Las Vegas, Nevada.2007 – 2009
- AAID – Maxicourse – Las Vegas, Nevada, 2011 -present
- AAID – Maxicourse – NYC 2018-Present
- St. Elizabeth Medical Center Family Medicine Residents
“Oral pathology review for the general family practioner.” October 1993.
- Mohawk Valley Dental Hygienists’ Association
“Maintaining the Pontic-free Practice”, October 12, 2001.
- Oneida-Herkimer Dental Society-“Occlusal Considerations for Implant Supported Prosthesis”, February 4, 2002.
- Dental Assistants Program-“Introduction to Endosseous Implant Surgery”.
- AAID-51st Annual Meeting-A Global Conference on Oral Implantology
“Occlusal Considerations for Implant Supported Prosthesis”
Los Angeles, California 2002
- AAID-53rd Annual Meeting- ON BROADWAY Spotlight on Implant Solutions “Occlusal Considerations for Implant Supported Prosthesis”-table clinic. New York, New York 2004
- Madison County Dental Society-October 20, 2004- Occlusal Principles and Clinical Applications for Endosseous Implant. Oneida, NY
- AstraTech Dental Implant Company-Implant Overdenture Utilizing Laser-welded Technology. December 2004-Syracuse, NY
- AAID-Northeast District Meeting Boston, Mass. Omni Parker House.
The Use of Laser-welded titanium Framework Technology: A Case Report for the Totally Edentulous Patient. May 11-13, 2006
- Dental System group- The Use of Laser –Welded Titanium Framework Technology: A Case Report for the Totally Edentulous Patient. May 2006
- Northeast Surgical Associates Study Club – The Use of Laser –Welded Titanium Framework Technology: A Case Report for the Totally Edentulous Patient – Saratoga, NY October 2006
- Oneida-Herkimer County Dental Society. The Use of Laser –Welded Titanium Framework Technology: A Case Report for the Totally Edentulous Patient, New Hartford, NY: October 2006
- India International Dental Congress – The Use of Laser-Welded Titanium Framework technology: A Case report for the Totally Edentulous Patient. Mumbai, India; February 2007
- India Maxicourse- New Delhi, Chennai
- Endosseous surgery -1st/2nd stage
- Different Treatment modalities in Oral Implantology
- NY Maxicourse in Oral Implantology- New York University. March 7th, 2007
- Endosseous Implant Surgery
- Treatment Planning the Edentulous Maxilla/Mandible with Implant Overdentures. The Use of Laser-Welded Technology
- CNY Implant Study Group – September 2007, Utica College -Marketing and Long term treatment Planning for the Implant Practice
- CNY Implant Study Group – November 2007, Utica College- Fixed Implant Prosthodontics – “A Cookbook for Stress Free Implant Dentistry”
- Greater New York Dental Meeting – November 2007, New York City. Laser-Welded Titanium Framework Technology: Overdenture
- New York Maxicourse in Oral Implantology – October 2008- New York University day Program –Surgery/Prosthetics
- Dr. Roll-Kingston, NY November 2008- All Day Program;
- Dr. Paul Caruso – Oneonta, NY May 2009- Orthodontic Considerations “The Congenital Missing Tooth”.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons of Pittsburgh, PA. 2009- All Day Program: Surgical/Prosthetics.
- CNY Implant Study Group – Site Preservation and Socket grafting Presentation – September 2009
- CNY / Implant All Day Programs- Surgical Seminar – May9, 2009; Prosthetic Program-Basic Edentulous Patient: Surgery and Expansion Techniques
- CNY/Implant All Day Programs-Surgical Seminar – August1, 2009 Advanced Issues in Implant dentistry.
- Surgical Seminar – September 12, 2009: Edentulous Maxilla/Mandible-Treatment Planning, surgical and Prosthetics. Yahnundasis Golf Club, New Hartford, NY
- MDI Implants-Indications, Protocols and Pitfalls – March2, 2010 – Syracuse, NY
- Reconstruction of the Posterior Maxilla “A Surgical /Prosthetic Seminar” March20, 2010 – Turning Stone Resort and Casino. Verona, NY.
- Dr. Ramin Bahram and Dr. Brad Richman- Springfield, PA April 9, 2010 “A Cookbook for Stress Free Implant Dentistry”.
- CNY Implant Study Group – Multidisciplinary Treatment Planning and Case Presentation- March 2010.
- Ronald J. Goldstone Memorial Dental Seminar – October 2010. “Treatment of the Edentulous Patient with Implant Overdentures”
- MDI – Implant certification program – Rochester, NY – April 2011.
- CNY/ Implant All Day programs- Surgical seminar – MDI – May 21, 2011 Utica College, Utica, NY
- MDI 2-day certification course Overdentures, RPD, Multi Unit Fixed Bridges and Socket Grafting presentation thrughout USA (New York NY, San Diego CA, Tulsa OK, Boston, Baltimore MD, Syracuse NY, Providence RI, Las Vegas CA, Chicago IL, Dayton, Toledo, and Pittsburg PA 2010 – 2015.
- Treatment Consideration and Prosthetic Reconstruction of the Posterior Maxilla AAID-NE District Meeting, Philadelphia, PA. 2011.
- Marketing and Long-Term Treatment Planning for the Implant Practice. Washington, DC. AAID National Meeting, 2011.
- Mini Dental Implants, Treatment Planning and Proven Protocols for Long Term Success. NW Colorado Dental Society, Gran Junction, Colorado 2012.
- Implant Overdentures: Treatment Planning with the Utilization of Conventional and Small Diameter Implants. Southern Illinois Dental Meeting. Marion, Illinois, 2012.
- Treatment Considerations for the Congenially Missing Maxillary Lateral Incisor: A Case Report. Dr. Ronald Goldstone Memorial Seminar –Utica College. Utica, NY Oct. 2012.
- MDI – 2day MINI Residency. Florida National Dental Convention. Orlando, Fl. June, 2013.
- Treatment Considerations and Prosthetic Reconstruction of the Posterior Maxilla. Dr. Ronald Goldstone Memorial Seminar. Utica College. Utica, NY. October, 2013
- MDI- Mini Dental Residency Program (2-day). Greater NY Meeting NYC, NY. November, 2013.
- Treatment Planning the Edentulous Patient and Congenially Missing Teeth. 4th NYS District Dental Meeting. Lake George, NY October, 2014.
- Socket Grafting: Establishing the Foundation for Implant Dentistry. Oneida-Herkimer County Dental Meeting. March, 2015
MDI-2 day residency for small diameter implants: Florida National Dental Convention, Orlando, FL June 2015
Treatment Plan Considerations and Strategies with Small Diameter Implants: Portsmouth, New Hampshire July 2015
- Treatment Plan Strategies with Small Diameter Implants: University of Buffalo School of Dental Medicine, April 2016
- Thought Provoking Treatment Planning for the Edentulous Patient: New Orleans, Louisiana, October 2016
- Immediate Implant Surgery with Provisionalization “The Synergy2 Approach” , UNLV, December 2016
- Immediate Load – The Next Level Up Implantdirect Educational Center, Las Vegas, Nevada March 16, 17, 2017
- Treatment Plan Considerations and Prosthetic Reconstruction of The Posterior Maxilla – Watertown, NY March 24, 2017
- Thought provoking treatment planning for the edentulous patient : “the implant approach” – Watertown NY March 24, 2017
- NY Immediate Load – Turning Stone Resort and Casino – Verona NY April 21, 2017
- The Esthetic Zone: Restorative and surgical Guidelines for Ideal Outcomes.
- Laser-Welded Superstructure Technology: Treatment Planning the Edentulous Maxilla and Mandible with Implants Overdentures.
- Fixed implant Prosthetics: “A Cookbook for Stress Free Implant dentistry”
- Occlusal Considerations and Clinical applications for Endosseous Implants.
- Maxillary Anthroscopy: “The Sinus Lift”
- Marketing and Long Term Treatment Planning for the Implant Practice.
- Orthodontic Considerations in Implant Dentistry “The Congenital Missing Tooth”.
- Treatment Considerations and Prosthetic Reconstruction for the Posterior Maxilla.
- Treatment Plan Considerations and Strategies with Mini and Small Diameter Implants-Basic
- Immediate Implant Surgery with Provisionalization “The Synergy2 Approach”
- Treatment Planning and Reconstruction of The Edentulous Patient: “The Implant Approach”
Journal of Oral Implantology-Occlusal Principles and Clinical Applications for
Endosseous Implants Vol. XXIX/No. Five/2003
Journal of Oral Implantology-The Use of Laser-Welded Titanium Framework
Technology: A Case Report for the Totally Edentulous Patient Vol. XXXI/No. Six/2005
Journal of Oral Implantology-Socket grafting: A Predictable Technique for Site Preservation Vol. XXXIII, No. Six, 2007
Int J Clin Impl Dent- The Utilization of Laser-welded Titanium Technology: A Clinical and Laboratory Report for the Edentulous Patient.2009/1 (2)
Journal of Oral Implantology-Small Diameter Implants: Specific Indications and Considerations for the Posterior Mandible: A Case Report. XXXVII (special issue) March, 2011.
Dentistry Today – Effective Denture Stabilization in an Atrophic Mandible. February, 2012; Vol31/2
Journal of Oral Implantology- Treatment of Congenitally Missing Maxillary Lateral Incisor: An Interdisciplinary Approach. 2013; Vol 39/2
Dentistry Today: Small Diameter Implants: A Treatment Consideration for the Maxillary Edentulous Patient. November, 2013.
Journal of Oral Implantology. Fixed Partial Denture with Mini Dental Implants. 2014 Vol. XL/No. six.
Inside Dentistry. Creating a Synergy with Conventional and Small Diameter Implants. January 2016, pages 48-52
Journal of Oral Implantology: Small-Diameter Implant Treatment Plan Revision: Management of Complications VOL XLII (3), 2016; Pages 293-298
Journal of Oral Implantology: Small-Diameter Implants: A 7 Year Retrospective Study Vol. XLIII /No. Two/2017; Pages 125-129
Jackson BJ. Immediate Implant Placement and Provisionalization: A Case Report. NYSAGD. 2017 Fall (12):12-16
- Oneida-Herkimer County Dental Society Scholarship-1985
- 5th District Dental Society Young Dentist Excellence Award-1999
- Honored Fellow – AAID, 2013.
The Center for Comprehensive Dentistry
Dr.’s Slavin, Jackson Burns DDS
2534 Genesee Street
Utica, NY 13502
Office (315) 724-5141
Fax (315) 733-1270
Educational Website: www.brianjacksondds.com